Website Policies and Important Links
- No personal information is collected about you when you visit the
NNSA Nevada Field Office website -- http://www.nv.doe.gov -- unless you choose to provide
this information to us.
- If you choose to provide us with personal information, for example your
mailing address or email address, we use that information to respond to
the message and to help us get you the information you have requested.
- Certain information is automatically collected and stored about your
visit to NNSA Nevada Field Office website - http://www.nv.doe.gov - This information
does not identify you personally. It helps us to make the site more
useful to visitors by assessing what information is of most and least
interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying
system performance or problem areas. The information automatically
collected and stored is:
- Internet domain name from which you access the site (for example, "abccompany.com");
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you use to access the
site (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you
are using the Internet);
- type of Internet browser you use to access the site (software used to
view information resources on the Web);
- type of operating system of the computer you use to access the site;
- date and time you visit the site; and
- pages you visit on the site.
^ TOP ^
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was enacted based upon the
fundamental principle that an informed citizenry is essential to the
democratic process. It is an integral part of openness in government,
and is a vital mechanism in the prevention of "secret law."
The concept of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is that any person
has a right of access to federal agency records, and that federal agency
records must be made available to the public unless they are
specifically exempt from public release.
Freedom of Information Act requests and information can be located on
the FOIA section of this website.
^ TOP ^
^ TOP ^
Date Last Modified:
November 17, 2015